Recipe by CadburyChocolate Bread and Butter Pudding
Break through the oven-baked crust to find a soft, saucy chocolate pudding.
- Prep time 15 MINS
- Cook time 30 MINS
- Lightly butter an ovenproof dish of about 2 litres capacity. Cut the bread or fruit loaf slices into halves or quarters depending on their size to fit the dish.
- Melt the chocolate, cream, sugar and butter together in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Whisk the eggs until light. Add the chocolate mixture and cocoa and whisk together well. Spoon about a third the chocolate sauce into the base of the oven proof dish and arrange the bread on top. Spoon the remaining sauce over all the bread.
- Cover the dish with cling film and allow the pudding to stand for 1-2 hours to let the bread absorb the chocolate sauce.
- When ready to cook the pudding preheat the oven to 180⁰C, gas mark 4 and bake for about 30 minutes or until the top is crunchy but the inside soft and saucy.
- This is an excellent recipe for using up any leftover bread or for a change try using an orange flavoured fruit loaf.