Recipe by CadburyChocolate Pecan Pie
- Prep time 15 MINS
- Cook time 50 MINS
- 500 g Ready made short crust pastry
- 125 ml golden syrup
- 100 g demerara sugar
- 150 g Cadbury Bournville broken up
- 50 g Unsalted butter
- 3 Medium eggs beaten
- 125 g Unsalted pecan nuts
- Preheat oven to Gas 5, 190 C and grease a 26cm fluted flan tin.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured board and use to line the tin, bake blind for 15minutes, then remove the baking beans and cook for a further 5 minutes until golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to Gas 4, 180 C.
- Place the syrup and demerara sugar into a pan and cook over a low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil and cook without stirring for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate and butter and allow to melt. Cool slightly then beat in the eggs.
- Pour into the pastry case and arrange the nuts over the surface. Bake for 25-30 minutes until firm. Cool before removing from the tin.
- Try using a bought ready made pastry case if short of time.